Catching all 151 creatures on Pokémon Go is a lot like job searching, and you can be successful as long as you’re vigilant and know where to go.
Here’s how the game is like your job search:
1. Searching Pokedex. The app informs players of a Pokémon’s location through the Pokedex, a database that shows what kind of character is nearby and its proximity. You know, similar to job search sites; ours does the same thing for job seekers!
2. Lure Modules. Businesses are using one of the game’s offers to drive customers to their stores. Lure Modules, are used to "lure" Pokémon to specific locations. They are purchased within the game by players and then applied to local landmarks or businesses, which then become Pokémon Go hotspots – the same way employers searching for talent will pay a little more to show at the top of your relevant searches!
3. That job is no longer available. Just like the characters’ locations in the game, job listings change quickly. It requires a user's’ dedication to regularly check when searching for jobs.
4. “I don’t need that Pokémon” sounds a lot like “that job doesn’t interest me.” Just like in the game, come back at a later time or update your search location.
5. Pokémon gyms and PokeStops are where you get rewarded for moving around and interacting with others. Sounds a lot like attending a career fair, open house or networking event, right? Consider attending one specifically tailored to the industry in which you are seeking work. You can find these all the time, as long as you know where to look and remain alert.
The one major difference is that in a job search you do not need to catch them all, you just need to catch the right one! And you can probably do that by using one of these 210 top job sites for 2016!